Maxim is proud to provide a holistic approach when servicing clients, and strongly believes in the benefits of a Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) and the role it plays within a wealth creation strategy.
SMSFs can increase control over invested funds, widen investment choice and provide flexibility in the payment of retirement benefits. Other benefits include;
- Asset protection
- Investing in direct property
- Investing in business real property such as your business premises
- Planning tax management on invested income and capital gains
- Greater flexibility in managing pensions including account based pensions and transition to retirement income streams
Alongside the above, the ability to invest in a broader range of assets not otherwise possible in traditional superannuation funds and the tax benefits available make SMSFs a key tool in long-term wealth creation goals.
Maxim boasts a specialist superannuation team run by Kerry Cumming, who is a SMSF Specialist Advisor. With Kerry’s expertise involving SMSFs, Maxim can provide you with the following services;
- Assistance with the establishment of your SMSF, including all required registrations
- Advice on the responsibilities of the trustee
- Ongoing advice on SMSF compliance matters
- Taxation advice surrounding contribution strategies
- Taxation advice surrounding retirement planning
- Administration of limited recourse borrowing arrangements
- Assistance with superannuation estate planning strategies
- Preparation of annual financial statements, income tax returns and business activity statements
- Preparation of annual members statements
- Facilitating the annual SMSF audit
You should consult an appropriately qualified financial adviser with an Australian Financial Services Licence before setting up an SMSF. Maxim can refer clients to a trusted financial advisor to decide if a SMSF is right for them.