At Maxim we understand that family law matters can be stressful and difficult especially for partners not involved in the business, or those who do not have a thorough understanding of the business or investment structures.
Maxim has comprehensive experience in dealing with family law matters. We have assisted our clients by providing our expert opinion in relation to their financial interests as well as assisting them through mediation, collaboration, court proceedings and negotiations which can often be difficult processes to resolve and understand.
At Maxim we have a solution-based attitude and work collaboratively with our clients to achieve their desired outcomes. We understand the importance of delivering a positive outcome to ensure the client’s needs are met.
Our team of specialised accountants can help you in a range of family law matters, including:
- Identifying & determining the value of business interests and other assets;
- Generating an accurate tax effected market value balance sheet
- Providing advice on the taxation implications of proposed settlements and individual transactions, including but not limited to:
- Capital Gains Tax implications
- Division 7A
- Goods and Services Tax
- Stamp Duty
- Providing advice to clients regarding the financial impact of property settlement
- Forensic investigation of financial records and accounts
- Pre and post settlement structuring to get the right outcome for the client today and in the future
- Providing expert advice as a joint, independent or shadow expert in a litigation matter
- We work with and often advocate a collaborative approach to family law matters